The webinar will discuss existing measures to support the development of renewable energy in Russia (with emphasis on the wind power industry), as well as the prospects for their further application. In addition, a comparative analysis of the implementation of similar measures in European countries will be presented.
Below are the facts about the company, the speaker.
CMS is an international alliance of law firms with over 4,800 lawyers in 75 offices in 43 countries. CMS experts are trusted partners to help you find solutions to emerging global challenges wherever you do business. In addition to in-depth knowledge of the legal aspects of doing business, the lawyers have industry-specific expertise and excellent project management, which enables them to help their clients solve the most complex problems.
In Russia, CMS has been supporting its clients since 1992. The Moscow office offers a full range of legal and tax services in key branches of economy. Over 50 lawyers qualified in Russian, English, French and German law advise international clients on all matters relating to doing business in Russia, and support Russian companies doing business in Europe and other countries.
The CMS Russia team has extensive experience in supporting international renewable energy investment projects in Russia, including wind power industry. CMS Russia offers the wind energy market players in Russia a full range of legal and tax services, including, but not limited to:
- comprehensive consulting on project structuring and entering the Russian market, including localisation of production;
- support at a stage of establishing a joint venture and advising on any corporate matters;
- legal support in the process of interaction with government authorities;
- consulting on tax optimisation and other tax issues;
- drafting and negotiating investment agreements, supply, installation and maintenance agreements for generating equipment, construction contracts and EPC-contracts;
- comprehensive legal support at a project implementation stage.
The following topics are going to be covered during the webinar:
- Existing measures to support the development of renewable energy in Russia.
- Support for the development of renewable energy in Russia beyond 2024.
- Foreign experience in implementing measures to support the development of renewable energy (using European countries’ experience as an example).
Who can avail of the webinar? The webinar will be useful for participants of the wind energy market, namely, representatives of generation companies, manufacturers and suppliers of equipment.
Dr. Thomas Heidemann, partner, counsel-at-law (Germany), advises numerous Russian and international clients operating in the construction, industrial, manufacturing, renewable energy, utilities and waste management sectors on a wide range of project and dispute issues related to environmental protection, including liability for environmental damage, regulatory compliance, risk transfer and protection of environmentally sensitive areas.
Thomas is heading the firm’s German Desk in Moscow and the Russian Desk in Düsseldorf and, as such, coordinating German-Russian work of the offices.
Thomas is the author of numerous publications on the current legal developments in the field of power industry, renewable energy and environmental protection published in German-Russian economic journals and magazines.
Dmitry Bogdanov, senior associate, specialises in real estate, construction, contract and corporate law.
Dmitry also specialises in the construction aspects of public private partnership (PPP) projects, including concessions, and related real estate issues.
Recently he has also been focusing on renewable energy projects, including localisation issues.
Date held: March 26, 2020
Duration: from 11:00 to 11:40 a.m. (Moscow time)
We look forward to seeing you at the webinar!
Should you have any questions, please contact the coordinator:
phone +7 (495) 134 68 88
mobile +7 (978) 841 22 39 (Viber, WhatsApp)
Please note, that the RAWI encourages all its members to use the opportunity of hosted webinars to expand the knowledge of market participants about their services and expand their client base.